Name: Sarah-Jane Butler
Practice Area: Commercial & Employment Law
Location: London & Surrey
Contact: email email@example.com or call 07812 342388
Having qualified in 2003 and worked at three leading international law firms, Linklaters, Freshfields and Berwin Leighton Paisner, in 2011 I left private practice to set up my own business, Parental Choice which has become a very successful enterprise and one I continue to be very involved in and committed towards. However, I always enjoyed being a solicitor so decided to join Lionshead Law in 2018 as a consultant. Working with Lionshead Law has enabled me to continue with Parental Choice whilst utilising the skills and expertise I gained in private practice.
I believe strongly in providing solution focused advice and support in a way which is accessible, easy to understand and client focussed. I have expertise in the following areas:
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating tenders, contracts & commercial transactions both as a supplier & customer
• Drafting and reviewing bespoke terms of business for recruitment agencies and businesses
• Data protection
• advising on settlement agreements
• Advising businesses on all day-to-day employment law issues giving practical, commercial & solution focused advice.
• Drafting employment contracts and staff handbooks
I am also a Trustee of the Family and Childcare Trust; a Changemaker supporting Working Families and a member of the CIPD’s Policy Forum and Senior Diversity Network. I have been involved with Government consultations on childcare as well as the National Minimum Wage. I have spoken publicly at Government policy briefings on topics such as “Bridging the Gender Equality Gap – The Future Role of Women” and the “Back to Work for Women” programme. I am known for my public speaking and television appearances on topics such as family friendly benefits, childcare options and businesses’ family rights obligations at work, including flexible working and shared parental leave reforms.